Tales from the Heart
A New School Initiative
Tales from the Heart is a grassroots initiative ast Sacred Heart to empower students to think critically and creatively in telling their own story. We hope that this new initiative helps students to become more globally-minded and more aware of the diverse people around them. Together, with our stories, we can build a school culture of empathy and understanding for other’s lived experiences.
Our Project Goals
- To harness the power of storytelling with an equity, diversity, and inclusivity lens.
- To become globally minded by reading about the lives of others and hearing from those who are Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour and those who identify as LGBTQ2S.
- To develop critical thinking and creativity skills as a means to tell stories.
- To build a school culture of empathy and understanding for others’ stories and lived experiences.
- To create a school-based compilation of student voices and work based on an annual thematic approach.
Stories Remind Us
- Who we are
- Where we came from
- How our values and beliefs came to be